It was decided at the 2016 AGM that all competition entries will be judged as a single group on an equal basis with no division in ability, groups or classes.
The following rules will apply.
1) All entries MUST be labelled with the title on the back of the mount for prints, on the edge slide or as the filename for digital images.
2) For prints the size will be left to the discretion of the competitor, but with a maximum overall size of 20 x 16 inches.
3) Slides are to be 35mm format and identified with orientation for projection.
4) Digital images are to be in the format as defined in Digital Projection.
3) All entries must be the original work of the author and must only contain original images created by the author.
4) All entries must be handed in by 7.45 pm on the night of the competition and the judging will start at 8.00 pm prompt.
5) The committee reserves the right to withdraw an entry to a competition or to ask a judge to comment only on an entry
if they believe it to be :-
a. Outside the scope of a themed competition.
b. Offensive in a sexual nature
c. Depicting images of an explicitly violent or inappropriate kind.
d. Not the submitter’s original work.
6) No images may be used which have previously been entered into any TVPS competitions except for the end of year competitions (December)
7) Photographs entered into themed competitions should have been taken within the last 12 months.
8) For monthly competitions entries will be scored between 1 and 20. First Second and third place entries will be awarded 20, 19 and 18 points respectively. There will only be one first, second and third place, joint places will not be awarded. Remaining scores will be awarded as determined by the judge.
9) The overall monthly competition winner will be the person who has accumulated the most points throughout the year.
10) End of year (December) competitions
The "Best Shot of the Year" Competition entries must have been taken during the current year.
The "Best shot on a Club Night" must have been taken during the current year at a club night.
The "Best Shot on a Club Trip" must have been taken on an officially club organised outing during the current year and must have been previously announced via notices, notice board or club website.
Members may only enter one photograph into each competition category.
11) Members can enter a maximum of 3 entries each month except for the end of year competition (see rule 10-one in each category).
12) Only fully paid up members may enter the competitions.
13) Entry titles and author should be entered on the tally sheet.
14) The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with regards to the result.
15) If a competition is postponed the committee reserves the right to make alternative arrangements.
16) The club website will be updated with scores from monthly competitions. Placed entry winners are requested to make their pictures available for uploading on to the club website.
Approved by committee: 29th February 2016.
Endorsed at SGM: 7th July 2016. Amended following AGM 19th January 2017.